Unity: CursorLocalPositionChanged

I was following the Inverse3 Unity tutorials and observed that the “inverse3.CursorLocalPositionChanged” field does not exist in the Inverse3 class. I am using the new 2.0.0 package. How do I fix this issue?

This is the exact error I face :
‘Inverse3’ does not contain a definition for ‘CursorLocalPositionChanged’ and no accessible extension method ‘CursorLocalPositionChanged’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Inverse3’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance

Hi!

The CursorLocalPositionChanged event was the pre-release method name. The final name for this event is DeviceStateChanged, and it is now triggered with the Inverse3 device passed as the sole argument. Following this event, you can use device.Position and device.SetForce() or device.LocalPosition and device.SetLocalForce() to manage device states.

You can view the changes by clicking on the CHANGELOG link in the Unity Package Manager. Additionally, it’s a good idea to look at the sample code after importing it. The sample code is always kept up-to-date, even if the documentation on the website has not yet been updated.

Thank you for reaching out, and I hope this helps!

Hi jer,

Awesome!. Thank you very much. I will definitely try it out.